The 1762-IQ8 is a Digital Input Module with 8 Points and a 10…30V dc Operating Voltage Range. It has a 5V dc Off-state voltage, max. and a 1.5 mA Off-state current, max. The MicroLogix 1200 is filled with features and options designed to handle an extensive range of applications.Available in 24- and 40-point versions, the I/O count can be expanded using rackless I/O modules. This results in larger control systems, greater application flexibility and expandability at a lower cost and reduced parts inventory.A field-upgradeable flash operating system ensures you will always be up-to-date with the latest features, without having to replace hardware. The controller can be easily updated with the latest firmware via a web site download.
ECF Automation carries a full line of new and used MicroLogix controllers. If your part number is not listed Contact us for assistance.
ECF Automation sources hard to find
Key Features and Benefits
- Four latching or pulse-catch inputs – Latching inputs let the controller capture and hold very brief (microsecond) signals for input processing.
- 20 kHz high-speed counter – The built-in independent high-speed counter uses 32-bit integers for extended range, features 8 modes of operation, and supports direct control of outputs independent of program scan.
- Programmable Limit Switch Function – This function allows you to configure the high-speed counter to operate as a programmable limit switch or rotary cam switch.
- Trim potentiometers – Two built-in 3/4-turn analog trim potentiometers with a digital output (range from 0 to 250) allow quick and easy adjustments of timers, counters, setpoints, and more.
- Program data security – Data file download protection allows a program to be reloaded into the controller without overwriting protected data.
- Floating Point Data Files – You can create data files that can contain up to 256 IEEE-754 floating point values.
- Memory, real-time clock, or memory/real-time clock modules – Memory backup provides protection and transportability for programs and data. The real-time clock lets you easily solve time/date scheduling applications,and can be synchronized with an external source via a program instruction.
- Four interrupt inputs – Interrupt inputs let the controller scan a specific program file (subroutine) when an input condition is detected from a sensor or field device.
- A Programming / Human Machine Interface (HMI) port in addition to the Channel 0 port: offers an inexpensive means of providing an extra port that can be used for programming using a personal computer or connecting an operator interface device to your controller
- Increased application flexibility
- Reduced system cost: enables users to directly connect a local HMI, allowing the other port to be used for networking, modem connection, programming and other devices• Requires no configuration: DF1 Full Duplex port that has the same parameters as Channel 0 when in the “Default Comms” configuration
- Respond Only: Messaging is not available; it communicates by responding to communications initiated from the device attached to it.
If the embedded I/O in the MicroLogix 1200 controllers isn’t enough for you, use up to six digital and analog expansion modules. The 1762 expansion I/O modules are the same for the MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers and the rackless design eliminates added system cost and inventory issues.